“When one is able to withdraw the senses from the objects of senses on every side, as a tortoise withdraws its limbs, then one’s wisdom is firmly established.” Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2 Verse 58
The retreat will focus on an in-depth study of chapters 1-6 of the Bhagavad Gita, along with the commentary given by Paramahamsa Vishwananda.
Each day, we will delve into one chapter through satsang with Swami Kurunandha, sangha discussions, and other engaging activities. The teachings will be complemented with excursions that explore the natural beauty and spiritual history of Romania
Beyond the spiritual practices, immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding nature. Let the awe-inspiring mountains serve as a constant reminder of the divine’s presence.
At the heart of this retreat lies the vision of the Romanian Sangha to build their Ashram and Temple from the ground up with their own hands. The retreat will take place in “Hari Atma Community Project”, the land that was purchased to serve as the future Bhakti Marga Romania Ashram.
It is an invitation to be part of something extraordinary, a chance to witness the beginning phase of the creation of an Ashram that will resonate with spiritual seekers for generations to come. You will have the opportunity to contribute actively in the project through seva activities on the land around the construction site of the first building for the future “Rukmini Pandurenga” Temple.
“I am so incredibly grateful that I was given the chance in this life to contribute to such a project. Building a temple and an ashram is such an honor that the mind may not be able to comprehend it, but the heart does. And if we listen to the heart, we might have a taste of that bliss and gratefulness. I am looking forward to being there again because I think that this is a unique opportunity that comes only to the lucky ones.” – Tejashri Dasi from Romania
Event dates: August 20 to August 27, 2023
Applications close: August 15, 2023 12:00 am
Notifications will be sent: August 15, 2023
Full payment is due: August 18, 2023
“Reestablishing the Love Relationship with the Lord is the greatest goal (and secret) of Life.” – Swami Kurunandha
Through his unique style of teaching, Swami Kurunandha inspires individuals to live their lives with greater purpose, meaning, and fulfilment. He helps people connect with their inner selves and cultivate greater self-awareness, leading to deeper levels of personal growth and transformation.
Swami Kurunandha met his spiritual master, Paramahamsa Vishwananda, in Switzerland in 1998 at the age of 31. In 2008, he was initiated as a Swami into the spiritual lineage.
Since then, he has devoted his life to sharing spiritual teachings with others and has helped countless individuals around the world discover their own spiritual paths.
Before becoming a monk, Swami Kurunandha was active as an entrepreneur, building a series of companies in the fields of technology and communications starting at a young age of 20.
Included in the price
- 7 nights stay (double occupancy in a pension, located 800m by foot from Hari Atma or in tents on Hari Atma property)
- Seminar facilitation by Swami Kurunandha
- Daily vegan meals and drinking water
- A full range of sangha activities
- for both accommodation options: towels, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion Note: all the comsmetics we provide including the detergents for dish washing are ecological and environmentally friendly. We kindly ask to not use any other type of detergents/soaps on the Hari Atma property in respect for nature. Thank you.
Not included in the price
- Transportation to and from Romania
- Transportation to and from the port of entry to the seminar location
- Transportation for Excursions
- Insurances (see below for details)
- for tent options: sleeping bags, mattresses
- Before booking, please confirm that you are able to travel to Romania
- Please only register for this event if you are able to pay the full fee of € 200/250/300 by 3 August 2023
- After you register, your Terms & Conditions application will be reviewed for final selection of participants. (See below for further details)
- You will be notified of the status of your application via email
- If you are accepted into the retreat, you will receive an e-mail with payment instructions
- Your space can only be confirmed after we receive the full payment of € 200/250/300
- Full payment is due no later than 3 August 2023
Health & Safety
All travellers are responsible for their own health and safety during this retreat.
- You must be in good physical and mental health.
- This retreat is not appropriate for physically impaired, disabled, or pregnant travellers.
- Travel health care and accident insurance
- Travel cancellation insurance (highly recommended due to Covid)
- Atma Kriya Yoga practice every morning
- “From Karma Yoga to Bhakti Yoga” – exploring chapters 1-6 of the Bhagavad Gita through satsang with Swami Kurunandha and and sangha discussion
- Spending quality time in community: seva activities, taking nature walks, OM-Chanting in nature, singing, cooking together and watching movies
- Excursions exploring the natural beauty and spiritual history of Romania
“Sangha is our shelter, sangha is our home, sangha is our family, sangha is the place where we can grow spiritually and feel the Love of Guruji. I feel my soul showered by Guruji’s grace and blessings to be part of the ashram project and participate in building with our own hands the temple for Rukmini-Pandurenga deities.” – Gangeya Das from Romania
As you step foot into this sacred sanctury, you will find yourself enveloped by the warmth and love of the Romanian Sangha, the spiritual family that has flourished in this nurturing environment.
This retreat is very much about experiencing the hospitality of the people of Romania. Engage with beautiful souls ready to serve, forming strong bonds, creating joyful moments together, and build relationships that will continue long after the retreat is over.
The teaching will be presented by Swami Kurunandha in a way that is accessible and applicable to participants of all backgrounds and experience levels, creating an inclusive and supportive environment for personal growth and transformation.
Location & Accommodation
“I had the wonderful opportunity to spend nearly three weeks camping in a tent at “Hari Atma”. Despite my usual preference for the comfort of a bed, I was captivated and completely entranced by the breathtaking beauty of nature surrounding me and the joy of being in the company of the sangha.” – Sukarupadasi Bhakti Marga Country Coordinator for Romania
Allow the simplicity and purity of the natural surroundings to awaken a profound connection within you, as you witness the hidden treasures and untamed wilderness of Romania.
The retreat will take place on the piece of land that the Romanian Sangha has purchased in order to build their future Bhakti Marga Ashram there. Apart from the first Temple building that was started last year, the land is still undeveloped.
The teaching will happen outdoors or in a patio. On rainy days we can retreat to a nearby house.
We have an outdoor kitchen in a tent and meals will be served mostly outdoors.Most of the accommodation will be in tents. You can bring your own tent or rent a tent. The facilities are very simple: outdoor shower with warm water, outdoor toilets. Very much like in a wilderness camp.
We have a limited amount of accommodation in double rooms available in a nearby pension 800m by foot from Hari Atma.
For questions please write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org